Monday, July 20, 2009

A good bunch of grapes




Well after several years of waiting and trying to beat one small dog out of picking all the ripe grapes we have a wonderful crop. These are wine grapes and since all the tags have faded I do not recall what they are. All I know is that I am finally getting enough to make a small patch of wine. It is so strange that even in such a drought as we have been going through the grapes are doing really well. Two years ago we had way to much rain in a short period of time I thought I had lost the whole bunch of vines. Thank goodness that was not the case. So here are a few photos for you to look at and think of the bottles of wine it will make. I shall post a picture of one of the bottle once I get it made this winter. We don't have a cellar or cool place to make wine so I need to wait for cooler weather.


2 comments:

Ann said...

cool ... i love to visit wineries and have been told by many wine makers they prefer less rain to more rain. be sure to blog about how the wine turns out!

Deborah said...

Ann I am waiting for cooler weather to make the wine but I will let you all know how it went or didn't. Lets hope for success.