Friday, May 1, 2009

Oh what a week can do



I should have posted this photo when I took it because the cucumber plants are so much bigger now. I will add a new photo of them later on. I planted Armenian Cucumbers and they have a lime green leaf. I have not planted these before but they have the same characteristics as English Cucumbers. I also wanted to do bread and butter pickles this year and the Armenian Cucumbers are not suited for that. So I planted some Homegrown Cucumbers. The leaves on these are nice dark green. The Homegrown are on the left and the Armenian on the right.

You can also see some tomatilloes in the back left corner and there are two tomato plants also in that flat. Oh yea don't do like I do: don't think you will remember which tomato is which later on. Ha that is why they make labels. These are either Roma or Juliets. Now I need to wait till they produce fruit.

I wanted to plant the Juliet in a topsy turvy planter. Sooooo I will plant one Juliet and one Roma instead. Well two topsy turvy planters will be fine. Seems that the topsy turvy planter has become a new trend. And like everyone else I have to try it too. So stay tuned for my progress or non progress depending how it goes.


No comments: