Friday, May 1, 2009

So Lets Hear it for Fruit

It looks like this year maybe a good year for the fruit growing in my yard. The grapes as you can see are doing quite nicely. If I can keep the birds and a little black and white dog from eating them I may just get a good crop of grapes for wine.























The plum tree is also loaded this year. Last year we got 3 plums and after a fierce wind storm we ended up with one. The storm from last weekend had some hail in it and damaged some of the fruit. I have some with marks and some with out and then some on the ground. I don't care if some are marked since they will be jam and no one will know if they were perfect or not.






















I thought I had lost my blackberries but they are back in full force. So if I can keep the critters for eating them maybe a pie will be in store.

















I got a blueberry bush last year and cared for it with tender loving care and I guess it paid off. In fact there are a few berries on it this year. Not sure if I can beat the birds to the berries but the fact I am able to get blueberries growing in the Texas Hill Country is something to talk about. There were about 3 of us who decided to try them and I am the only one with a live plant. Next year will be the test.






























We have had some strawberries so far and a few more on the way. I am not sure how well they will do over the summer but I am going to keep them in a shaded area and mulched well. Time will tell.





No comments: